We take the privacy of your information seriously and we ask that you read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information on:
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
In this document, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to eWealthGlobal Group Limited ("ewg"). We won’t disclose your information to anyone, other than as set out in this Privacy Notice and any applicable terms and conditions.
What does this privacy notice cover
This privacy notice covers our handling of information that we gather when you are accessing or using our Websites or Services or when you contact us in any manner. We gather various types of information, including information that identifies you as an individual (“Personal Information”) detailed below.
Information you provide to us
We may collect and store any Personal Information that you choose to provide to us, for example, direct from you, via phone, via email or online forms.
The types of information we may collect directly from you or our contacts (such as intermediaries, industry body, client/potential client, supplier, agent) include: names, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers, passport details, transactional information as well as any other information you choose to provide us.
Collection of customer information
ewg may collect, use and share customer information including information about you, your transactions, your use of our products and services and your relationships with ewg.
Customer information may be:
- requested by ewg or on their behalf;
- collected from you directly, from someone acting on your behalf or from anywhere else (e.g., internet searches, public sources);
- combined with other information available to ewg.
Use of customer information
We will process, transfer and disclose customer information only for the purpose it is intended for. We will process customer information to:
- verify your identity and location;
- provide Services;
- meet Compliance obligations;
- perform risk management activity;
- enforce or defend the rights of ewg;
- for internal operational requirements of ewg;
- deal with any of your transactions;
- manage our relationship with you (including any marketing and market research you agree to).
Sharing customer information
When we use customer information for the purposes set out above, we may transfer and disclose it to:
- ewg and anybody who provides services to them or their agents;
- any authorities;
- persons acting on your behalf, payment recipients, beneficiaries, account nominees,intermediary, correspondent and agent banks, and clearing or settlement systems;
- other financial institutions, fraud prevention agencies, trade associations, credit reference agencies and debt recovery agents;
- any introducing agent we provide instructions or referrals to or from;
- any third party we use to provide Services to you; and
- for marketing purposes where you’ve consented to marketing.
The above recipients may also process, transfer and disclose customer information for the purposes set out above and they may be in countries where data protection laws don’t provide the same level of protection as in the Channel Islands.
How do we share and disclose information to third parties
We may share and disclose information (including Personal Information) with third party suppliers, consultants and other service providers who we engage to perform tasks on our behalf and subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long do we retain your information
If you have used our Services at any time, we will retain your information for as long as we have an on-going relationship and thereafter for as long as we are required by law to retain the information. Thereafter the information will be destroyed without further notice.
Access to your information and contacting us
You have the right to access your information to check whether it is accurate and up to date. If you wish to access or amend any information held about you, please contact us by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your privacy rights
What choices do I have? You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to use our services.
In the first instance, we would appreciate you contacting us if you have concerns about ewg, by emailing us at email@example.com, or calling us on 01534 608022. You have the right to contact the Office of the Information Commissioner (ICO), the Jersey supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.oicjersey.org).
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
You can set or amend your web browser controls to accept or reject cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you may still use our Websites and Services, however your access to some functionality and areas of our Websites may be severely restricted.
Third party links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Updated May 2018